- Other names
Cottage Hospital, Ulverston.
- Physical appearance
Not bad after dark.
- Earliest childhood memory
Looking out from my bedroom window of our house at
the top of Norfolk St to see Holker St football ground in
the distance, sandwiched between Ormsgill Reservoir and
- Earliest memory of Barrow AFC
Ron Staniforth's teams of the early 1960's with Dixie
Hale, Keith Eddy and Jackie Madison. The club were
fighting a financial crisis at the time. What's new?
- Best memory of Barrow AFC
Being at Wembley in May 1990 to see them win the FA
- Worst memory of Barrow AFC
The first half of the 1970's. After promotion to
Division Three in 1967 the decline was so sudden and
swift that I could hardly believe it was happening.
Losing our Football League status in 1972 was followed by
four seasons which were a struggle for survival at the
wrong end of the Northern Premier League.
- Favourite players, past and present
Colin Cowperthwaite, Jimmy Mulholland, Tony Field, Roy
McCarthy, Danny Wheatley.
- Favourite manager
- Worst player
- Worst manager
- Favourite Tellytubby
- Favourite Spice Girl
Geri ex-Spice Halliwell.
- Favourite record
Barrow being unbeaten for twenty games (some hope).
- Favourite television programme
FA Trophy Final 1990 video.
- Favourite colour
Blue and white.
- Favourite food
- Favourite building
The new grandstand at Holker St.
- What do you like most about women?
The fact that they do the cooking and cleaning.
- What do women find most unappealing about
My chat up technique.
- How many of Barrow's games do you see in a
In the UniBond, about thirty, mostly away. In the
Conference, less than half of that.
- Why do you support Barrow AFC?
It's my home town.
- When did you start contributing to
Star Trek 11 in issue 013.
- What is the worst thing about being a G'EB!
Thinking of something that's witty, intelligent, erudite
- What has been your most horrendous journey to a
Going all the way to Horwich in January 1994 for a
game that had been postponed. It's not the journey, it's
the way you feel like a prat when you get there and
realise you're the only person in the world who didn't
- What are your predictions for the future?
Barrow AFC to survive in some way, shape or form.
Issue 039 - April 1999