- Other names
Risedale Maternity Hospital. I lived on Plymouth Street,
then moved to Thornfield Park, opposite the Tech.
- Physical appearance
Stunningly handsome, in the dark.
- Earliest childhood memory
We used to live a couple of doors away from Mick
Hartland who played for Barrow. When I was about four, my
Dad pointed him out.
- Earliest memory of Barrow AFC
Going to see them play Hartlepool at Holker St while
we were still in the League. Perhaps 1970 or 1971.
- Best memory of Barrow AFC
1990 FA Trophy Final.
- Worst memory of Barrow AFC
Watching them get beaten at Kettering in the Trophy
the season after winning it. The weather was freezing,
and the collective sigh of disappointment from the crowd
when they realised the game was going to go to extra time
was a moment that will stay with me for a long, long
- Favourite players, past and present
Micky Richmond, Cowps and Maurice Whittle. As for the
current crop, I'll have to pass, I haven't seen Barrow
play since 1991.
- Favourite manager
- Favourite Tellytubby
They're all kinda cute.
- Favourite All Saint
I prefer my women to have a little more culture and I
don't mean in a jar.
- Favourite record
'Walk on the Wild Side' by Lou Reed.
- Favourite television programme
'Match of the Day' (I live in New Zealand and television
here leaves a lot to be desired, ask Eddie Kennedy).
- Favourite colour
Blue, is there any other?
- Favourite food
- Favourite building
My mum's house.
- What do you like most about women?
They are very forgiving and understanding, aren't you
- What do women find most unappealing about
My life following Barrow AFC. If it's an aphrodisiac for
me, imagine what it must be like for my better half.
- How many of Barrow's games do you see in a
None, but I have a hell of an excuse!
- Why do you support Barrow AFC?
I was born in Barrow.
- Do you support any other football team?
Leeds, Everton, Napier City Rovers, and any English team
touring New Zealand.
- When did you start contributing to
- What is the worst thing about being a G'EB!
- What has been your most horrendous journey to a
Getting up at four in the morning to travel from
Norwich to Bishop Auckland to see Barrow play in the FA
Cup, and not getting home until two the next morning. At
least we won. Or walking to Holker Street from my
parents' house in Barrow in August 1991, knowing this
would be my last Barrow game for ages, as I was
emigrating to New Zealand that October.
- What are your predictions for
We won't win the UniBond this season, but we will
survive. As Shane Westley once said, 'If you build it, it
will come.' Or was that someone else?
- How many questions have you answered
- Can you think of any other questions I should have
Have you ever been convicted of perjury? And all the
- Who kindled your interest in Barrow AFC?
- What was the first game you attended without your
Barrow v Lytham in the Lancashire Cup.
- What is the worst ever Barrow game you have
Seeing us lose to South Bank in the FA Cup at Holker St,
after we were 2-0 up, and one of their goals was a
stunning own goal.
- What is Barrow's rightful place in the football
Football League Division Three.
- Were you involved in the graffiti 'BARROW RULE THE
were you in 1972 when Barrow lost their Football League
At home, I remember the Evening Mail being
delivered and reading it there.
- Have you ever persuaded anyone else to start
- What's the best Barrow goal ever?
The one by Micky Carroll against Enfield in the
Trophy semi-final at Holker St in 1989.
Issue 040 - May 1999